07 settembre 2010

As the leaves start to fall and the moon starts to rise: Farwell summer of freedom

LUNASA
Mid beautiful flowers, bright fields and clear streams
We pass precious hours of summer and dreams

The birds' gentle twitter, the frog's silver peep
All seem to have faded, while we were asleep

The song we're now hearing is mournful and strange
As the sun starts to set and the leaves start to change

From the hill over yonder we hear the bulls cry
As the leaves start to fall and the moon starts to rise

Oh the bulls all howl at the moon, it is full and hung over the hill
The autumn leaves will all be falling soon and then winter will come in for the kill

But there are still green trees and one last round for the bees
Before we all freeze over for a spell

So let us treasure these moments together
As we sing along so long and fare thee well

For tonight is the last night of summer my love
Of the summer of love
Of the summer my love

For tonight is the last night of summer my love
Of the summer of love
Of the summer my love

The beautiful flowers will all fade away
The streams will all freeze and the fields turn to gray

The frogs all will slumber, the birds will take flight
And winter's cold wonder will bid us goodnight


I've never had such a hard time saying goodbye to summer. This year my summer was so FREE. Everything about it felt LIBERATED. Absolute Nirvana
When I think about it the whole thing began in May when my brother Alex & I took a road trip to the Bay to see our brother Esteban graduate from Berkeley. While we were up there I realised that I didn't want to go back to LA & continue helping my Dad out at his practice (which I had been doing for 4 mos.) anymore. I adore my pops but his life is in complete disorder. He's extremely depressed and stressed out! I couldn't continue to let myself get caught up in his drama. It was bumming me the fuck out.
Jules happened to be passing through the bay on his way home from a cross-country road trip. The whole thing was magical. I loved every bit of being out there.
Coming back to LA after all of that there was no way I was going to let myself get sucked back in. I resigned from my Dad's & never looked back.

No job. No school. NADA. I haven't enjoyed the heaven that is this season since I was kid in grade school. Even then it wasn't as fun because I was limited to whatever my parents wanted to do. Still now, just like back then, I'm being dragged into reality, back down to earth, the fantasy ends.
Every day I woke up to a world of possibilities. Never knowing where the day would take me and I loved it. PARADISE.
Now that school is back in session and I'm looking for a new job all that freedom and carefree spirit is going going gone...like sand slipping through my fingers. I have places to be and people to see instead of places to find and people to meet!

Far well surfpunk summer.
Ta ta for now!
Next summer I look forward to living on the beach
practice surfing everyday. bbq everday.
Smelling like sun tan lotion and weed.
Let this be the last of my summer funeral. Onwards and upwards!

Today's gloomy weather has flipped the switch in me. HELLO FALL! :D
If you know anything about me, you know how much I love Halloween and Autumn.
THANK GOODNESS we have the fall to ease us into winter. Imagine if summer faded directly into winter?! EEEEk

A video to accompany the the lyrics above. If you haven't already done so you should buy Karen Elson's The Ghost Who Walks

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento